Terms and Conditions
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Grēnlist.com is an online Classifieds and Community website. This includes, but is not limited to; classified ads, forums, community calendar, and environmental education.
By using grēnlist.com, the user must first agree to comply and abide by the following Terms and Conditions, as well as any applicable posted guidelines for all grēnlist.com services, which may change from time to time. Should you object to any 'Term or Condition', guideline(s), or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with grēnlist.com in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of grēnlist.com. Grēnlist.com has the right, but is not obligated to, strictly enforce the Terms and Conditions through self-help, community moderation, active investigation, prosecution and/or litigation.
It is grēnlist.com's right to alter, change, or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect immediately upon the posting thereof. You the user, must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes.
ADULT CONTENT AND RESTRICTIONS
You the user, understand that any area on grēnlist.com with the "18+" symbol is restricted from minors and is for Adult use ONLY. This is a 'use at your own risk' website. By accessing these areas you agree to create an account in order to verify that you are at least 18 years old, or 21 in areas where 18 is a minor. In no way is grēnlist.com responsible for any listings or content placed on the site, posted by any user at any time, although we do our very best to keep our site and safe and secure for ALL users.
Grēnlist.com does not endorse or promote any any adult or pornographic postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the grēnlist.com. Nor is grēnlist.com held liable for any illegal content or services offered. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item of content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the grēnlist.com.
By using the grēnlist.com service, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the grēnlist.com site and content available through the service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of grēnlist.com. Grēnlist.com makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, that you may not rely on said content, and that under no circumstances will grēnlist.com be liable in any way for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise made available through grēnlist.com. You acknowledge that grēnlist.com does not pre-screen or pre-approve content, but that grēnlist.com shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any content that is available via the Service, for violating these Terms and Conditions for any reason.
FORUMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
While the administrators and moderators of these forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and/or moderators of these forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Contributors warrant and represent that they are the author of such submitted programming and make available such original programming to grēnlist.com and/or other forum members.
By entering the grēnlist.com forums, you agree to be bound by these conditions.
THIRD PARTY USE
The grēnlist.com site and content(s) available through the site, may contain features and functionalities that may link or provide you with access to third party content which is completely independent of grēnlist.com, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other Terms, Conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or off line transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that grēnlist.com will not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that grēnlist.com is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release grēnlist.com, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
grēnlist.com does not collect email addresses or personal information for the purpose of mass-mailings, SPAM, or third party use.
However, you, the user of grēnlist.com acknowledge and agree that grēnlist.com may, in its sole discretion, preserve or disclose your content, as well as your information, such as email addresses, IP addresses, timestamps, and other user information, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: comply with legal process; enforce the Terms and Conditions; respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; respond to claims that contact information (e.g. phone number, street address) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; protect the rights, property, or personal safety of grēnlist.com, its users or the general public.
CONDUCT AND POSTING TERMS
You agree not to post, advertise, email, or otherwise make content available:
1. that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous or invasive of another's privacy.
2. that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) display/exhibit genitals or pubic area of any person.
3. that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
4. that violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics).
5. that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to; stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
6. that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to; a grēnlist.com employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.).
7. that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent.
8. that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, includes misinformation, or constitutes "bait and switch".
9. that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
10. that constitutes or contains; "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or unsolicited commercial advertisement(s).
11. that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if; posted in areas of the grēnlist.com sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to grēnlist.com users who have not indicated in writing that it is okay to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
12. that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in "Business Ads, Website Ads, or Employment Offered" paid listings.
13. that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by State and/or Federal laws in any country of distribution.
14. that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
15. that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to grēnlist, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use grēnlist; or that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the site.
Additionally, you agree not to:
16. contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose, through our website or and individual's personal means of contact. You may be reported and banned from grēnlist.com for a lifetime if this occurs.
17. "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone.
18. collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
19. use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from grēnlist.com - unless expressly permitted by grēnlist.com.
20. post non-local or otherwise irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our server/host/infrastructure.
21. post the same item or service in more than one classified category or forum, or in more than one metropolitan area. Your listing may then be Plucked by another user for being over-posted.
22. attempt to gain unauthorized access to grēnlist.com's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the grēnlist.com website.
23. use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on grēnlist.com without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals.
24. use any form of automated device or computer program to Pluck or remove other's listings without manually verifying the removal through the email Plucking and confirmation process; or to remove the listings of competitors; or to remove posts without a good faith belief that the post being Plucked violates any of these Terms and Conditions.
grēnlist.com charges only fee for Business Listings, Employment Advertising, and Website Listings. This is mainly due to high demand areas and to reduce over-posting.
Each person or party posting content to the grēnlist.com is responsible for said content and compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
Users are responsible for the content, review and submission of their own listings. No refunds are permitted for any paid listing for any reason, with the only exception being if the grēnlist.com website malfunctions to the point in which users are denied access to your listing for more than 48 consecutive hours.
NO SPAM POLICY
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to grēnlist.com email addresses or through grēnlist.com computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Terms, will use or cause to be used servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of grēnlist.com computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Grēnlist.com grants you, the user, a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the site for your own personal use only. This license does not include: (a) access to the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by grēnlist.com. A limited exception to (b) is provided to general purpose Internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. "General purpose Internet search engine" does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings or in any subset of classifieds listings such as jobs, housing, for sale, services, or personals, or which is in the business of providing classified ad listing services.
Grēnlist.com permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink on your website or social network to, individual postings on the service so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal web blogs or personal online media). If the total number of such postings displayed or linked to on your website exceeds fifty (50) postings, your use will be presumed to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions, absent express permission granted by grēnlist.com to do so. You may also create a hyperlink to the home page of grēnlist.com sites so long as the link does not portray grēnlist.com, its employees, or its affiliates in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. We strongly recommend requesting our grēnlist badge for linking purposes in order to avoid such violations.
Use of the Service beyond the outlined authorized access granted to you by grēnlist.com immediately terminates said permission or license. In order to collect, aggregate, copy, duplicate, display or make derivative use of the the Service or any Content made available via the Service for other purposes (including commercial purposes) not stated herein, you must first obtain a license from grēnlist.com.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that grēnlist.com, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if grēnlist.com believes that you have acted inconsistently and or violate grēnlist.com's Terms and Conditions as outlined here within. Furthermore, you agree that grēnlist.com will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
Grēnlist.com is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Any and/or all of the content displayed on or through the site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of grēnlist.com.
You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of grēnlist.com, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. grēnlist.com is a registered mark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Although grēnlist.com does not claim ownership of the content that its users post, by posting content to any public area of the site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to grēnlist.com an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant grēnlist.com all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL GRĒNLIST.COM BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF GRĒNLIST.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE GRĒNLIST.COM SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold grēnlist.com, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the site, your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
The Terms and Conditions as outlined within, constitute the entire agreement between you and grēnlist.com and govern your use of the Service. The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and grēnlist.com shall be governed by the local laws of each individual user's physical location of site use.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of grēnlist.com or the Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
If you have comments or questions regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact us at: service@grēnlist.comYou may also contact us regarding site questions, that are NOT covered in our FAQs page.