What is a grēnlisting?
Simply put, it is the name we occasionally use when referring to the ads placed by users in our Classifieds Community!
It's our way of reminding you who we are, and how you help us contribute to the preservation of our beautiful planet – every time you post a grēnlisting! :)
Grēnlist.com strives to be “green” (environmentally aware) in every possible way! From daily operations, to supporting charities and local organizations – we want to always remind our users that by placing an ad (grēnlisting), they will be contributing to making our planet a better place to live and grow. :)
Please visit our grēnroom for more information.
Do I need an account to post an ad?
An account is quick and FREE to open. We only need your basic information! Open your account here. Having an account makes it much easier to view, edit, cancel and renew your current grēnlistings.
We need your information so that we know where to send your email confirmation. And, it also helps us to verify your age so that we can protect our children from the possibility of being exposed to inappropriate material.*
Don't worry, we do NOT send you junk-mail, or share any of your information with any third party!
* You do not need an account to view grēnlistings, with the exception of 18+ categories, where the account is necessary to verify your age.
How do I post an ad?
First, you will need to sign up for a free account. Don't worry, it's quick and easy.
Once that is done, posting is easy.
Just signed in, choose your location in the drop down menus, and the category you with to place your ad in, and click “Post Ad”.
From there, you can enter your ad description and ad your photos! It is not necessary to include photos, but when you do, your ad is 8 times more likely to be seen!
Please read our Policies and Restrictions for ad and photo restrictions.
All ads run for 30 days.
If you wish to renew your ad, simply go to your account and click “renew” to the corresponding ad. The 30 day renewal period begins the day you renew your ad.
When renewing a paid grēnlisting, you are prompted to enter your payment information at that time.
It is FREE to upload photos!
When placing your ad, simply click the “browse” button to upload a photo(s) from your computer. Please see Policies and Restrictions for photo restrictions.
HOME PAGE PHOTO-OP!! There is a very good chance that the first photo you upload for your ad, will be displayed on our home page in our “Just Listed” Marquee for all to see! When clicked, it is a direct link to your ad! This increases your ad exposure exponentially!
If you choose to not have your photo in “Just Listed” just check the corresponding box when you are placing your ad.
How Many Ads Can I place?
There are currently no restricitons on the number of ads you can place!
We do however, ask that each ad is different, and that you do not place multiple cookie-cutter type ads.
Managing Your Ad(s)
All grēnlistings run for 30 days.
If you wish to renew, edit, or delete your ad, simply sign in to your account.
Using HTML Coding
Using and HTML code in the body of your grēnlisting is quite simple. It works best if you enter them manually, while creating your ad.
Find a list of commonly used HTML here.
Replying to ads
Very simple. When viewing a grēnlisting, click on the “reply” button.
A popup will open allowing you to send a message to that user.
Remember to submit a way for the grenlister to contact you!
Why do you send a confirmation email?
This is to limit the possibility of users over-posting.
Simply click on the link in your email and your new ad will become live!
I didn't get my confirmation email
Sorry about that!
It seems it either went into your spam folder, or there was a glitch in our server.
To have it resent, go to your account and click on “resend confirmation” beside the corresponding ad.
General category grēnlistings are free to view and post. In order to limit abuse, over-posting, and the possibility of children viewing adult content, we must charge a small fee for the following categories;
- Website Listings
- Business Listings
- Employment Offered; wanted/resumes are free to post.
- Housing For Sale/Rent in the following cities:
- Austin, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA
- Bronx, NY
- Brooklyn, NY
- Calgary, AL Canada
- Chicago, IL
- Columbus, OH
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Edmonton, AL Canada
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Kansas City, MO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angelas, CA
- Manhattan, NY
- Miami, FL
- Milwaukee, WI
- Montreal, QC Canada
- Nashville, TN
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Queens, NY
- San Antonio, TX
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, TX
- Seattle, WA
- Toronto, ON Canada
- Vancouver, BC Canada
- Washington, DC
What are the ad Policies / Restrictions?
Grēnlist.com users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate. We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction.
This is a partial list of items and/or services which is not permitted on grēnlist.com. Please also see our full Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and/or drug paraphernalia.
- Obscene material or child pornography
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with the Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Alcohol or tobacco products
- Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to; prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that
require FDA approval.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts
- Embargo – services that appear to facilitate the sale of goods from, with, or to countries,
organizations, businesses or persons with whom the U.S. law has regulated trade. http://www.bis.doc.gov/policiesandregulations/05forpolcontrols/chap5_embargo.htm
- Endangered species of any kind, for sale or other.
- Selling household pets of any kind. A "re-homing" fee is permissible.
- Animal parts or fluids, including but not limited to; breeding services.
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to; noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides, hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to; contaminated toys, or materials containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and/or cable descramblers.
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Fake I.D. cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Fake, replica, or knock-off brand name or Trademarked goods and/or material that infringes on any copyright laws without the direct consent of the brand/owner.
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized
- Gambling items, including but not limited to; lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle
tickets, sweepstakes entries or illegal slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal
What makes grēnlist.com so unique?
Many, MANY things! :)
We wanted to offer more than just your basic, boring graphics, run-of-the-mill Classified site. A place, users would enjoy visiting and interacting with each other!
The result, is a place where users have more options, more freedom of speech, easier navigation, and an increased sense of community! All this, while contributing to worthy organizations and being environmentally sensitive, as well as raising awareness! :)
Please visit the About Us page to learn even more.
What are "Plucked Ads"?
"Plucking an Ad" a is what a user does to remove another user's grēnlisting from the category in which it was listed. An administrative team member views the ad and removes any content that is unlawful. The remaining ad is then sent to the “Plucked Ads” area.
The “Plucked Ads” area is where adults, over the age of 18 may choose to view various listings.
You will such listings here such as; “lending out my wife to clean your house!”, or “Carbon dioxide for sale by previous breather”! Both of these ads violate our Terms and Conditions, but neither are necessarily illegal.
The “Plucked Ads” area is fun entertainment purposes only, and should not be taken too seriously.
Let's all just have fun :)
Is YOUR ad safe from being Plucked?
More so than with most other classified sites!
Our process slows deters a lot of the harassment that can occur when users get carried away.
In order to delete ads, you must have a valid account with us. This allows us to send you a link that must be clicked on in order to Pluck the grēnlisting.
Once the ad is removed, is it kept on our "Plucked Ads" section for 30 days.
This is an area that can be a funny, but is definitely for adults only!
You must validate your age by creating an account so that you can log in to view Plucked Ads.
View at your own risk!
What is “18+”?
18+ indicates that only adults are permitted to enter that area.
We do not allow illegal material ANYWHERE in our community, but there may be circumstances where a grēnlisting may contain content not suitable for all viewers.*
We encourage freedom of speech, but we are also responsible in upholding the law, and regulating material for legal and safety reasons. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
*We do NOT permit any type of pornographic or illegal material on our site!
Changing My Personal Information
To change your email address or other personal information, just go to your account and click the link at the bottom of the page to access your account information.
We accept Visa and MasterCard payments through a secure server as well as Paypal. At this time, we do NOT store any of your personal payment information.
The more vibrant and exciting your grēnlisting, the more chance you have of it being seen on our Home Page!
The first photo you use in your ad, is the photo that will be added to our scrolling marquee, with a link directly back to your ad! This increases the chance of you being seen, exponentially!
If you wish to not have your ad listed on the Home Page, simply click the corresponding box when filling out your ad information.
Do you share my information?
Absolute not! Not with anyone! We don't even use your email address for our own mailing list.
Can I get a refund?
No. Please be sure to read our Terms and Conditions before placing an ad.
If we feel that you have violated any of our terms, we will remove the offending content from your ad.
We invite you to check your ad often, the first few days it is live. You can always adjust and edit any information that may have been removed by our team.
My item sold, now what?
We recommend taking precautions when selling items and/or services. Make sure you meet the seller/buyer in a safe location, during daylight hours. Never give out personal information or make payments for an item you have not yet received.
Because we are not an auction site, we do not take any responsibility, or offer any type of purchase protection for the selling/buying of any goods or services. We do not make any guarantees through grēnlist.com.
Learn how to protect yourself from fraud: http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml
We have been Environmentally Concerned organization from the get-go!
We began by choosing a Internet Hosting Company that believes in being “Green” as well. In fact, they actually produce more electricity than they use!
There are several ways we are a “Green” company. Please visit our GrēnRoom for more information.
Warranties and Guarantees
Our users are independent advertisers and grēnlist.com does not endorse any ads, nor do we collect any fee or offer any warranties or guarantees on services or products mentioned on our site. This is a use at your own risk site.
We do however want you to be protected from fraud, and we do our best to make this site useful as well as safe.
For more information on how to protect yourself from Internet fraud, please visit: http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml
Fraud and Scammers
Think before you act! Here are some tips to avoid scammers;
- Deal only with people you can meet in person.
- Do NOT WIRE FUNDS TO ANYONE! Only scammers will ask you to do this.
- Remember, we don't offer buyer protection. All transactions take place between the buyer and seller. We would never contact you regarding your item/service. If someone does, they are scamming you!
- Fake checks and money orders are very common. Choose carefully, the payment you accept.
- NEVER give out personal information such as Social Security Number, Bank account number, Paypal info. etc.
- Never pay without first receiving the service or the merchandise.
- DO meet landlords/Employers in person before providing your information for a background check.
HAVE YOU BEEN SCAMMED? Helpful contact information;
What forums do you have?
- GrenList Classifieds
- Alt. Lifestyles
- Atheism / Agnostic
- Births (New Baby)
- Cars n' Trucks
- Celebrities / A-Listers
- Computers / Internet
- Culturally Correct
- Fashion / Beauty
- Gay / Lesbian
- Granola / Vegans
- Health / Diet / Fitness
- Obituaries / Mourning
- Outdoorsy Stuff
- Rants / Pet Peeves
- Travel / Adventure
- TV / Telly
- Wine / Beer / Coffee
- Writing / Poetry
Visit our forums section: In My Opinion to see all of our Forums.
Creating a Forum User Name
Forum usernames can consist of any letters, numbers, periods, or underscores and must be between 5 and 12 characters long.
Please refrain from using fowl or obscene words as a part of your user name, or your account WILL be deleted.
Changing My User Name
At this time, you are unable to change your username.
Unfortunately some users try to abuse the system with multiple posts etc. Because of this we must restrict your account to a single user name in order to protect our users and keep our site safe for all!
Creating My Own Forum
You can create your own thread, but not your own forum.
Forum Terms and Restrictions
No copyrighted material is allowed.
Do not post any message or other material that violates or infringes the rights of any other party.
Do not post or transmit any material that is abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, sexually-oriented, profane or is otherwise in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.
Do not use grēnlist forums for commercial purposes. We have listings for those type of ads.
You will NOT post any software or computer files that contain a virus, worm or other disruptive or harmful component.
PLEASE see full list of our Forum Terms and Restrictions listed in our Terms and Conditions.
About Foodie Duty
Grēnlist.com offers a weekly restaurant review of one of many restaurants across the United States and Canada.
These reviews are performed by an experience food connoisseur but are for entertainment purposes only. There is no guarantee that every patron will have the same experience as our critic.
Business / Website Listings
Do you want to advertise your business, or website? There is a $10 fee associated with these ads. We charge a fee in order to reduce abuse and over posting.
You can advertise any business you own, as long as it does not contain any of our prohibited items such as adult materials, firearms, alcohol, nicotine or drug related products, copyrighted material you do not have the rights to, etc.
Please read our Terms and Conditions thoroughly before posting.
What is the Fair Housing Act?
The Fair Housing Act is a Federal law in the United States that prohibits discrimination in all facets of the home buying or renting process on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability.
grēnlist.com supports the Fair Housing Act. http://www.justice.gov/crt/housing/title8.php
No Photos in “Restaurant Reviews"?
If we allowed photos to be uploaded to the category, we would unfortunately have many restaurant owners posting their own reviews. There is a specific category for business owners to advertise.
What type of clothing can I sell?
Both new and used articles of clothing may be sold. Soiled or dirty clothes are NEVER permitted for sale on the site.
We check out who re-tweets us on Twitter, and each month randomly give away various gifts as a token of our appreciation!
So far, we have given away:
- $500 cash
- Several prizes of $50 each
- Plush toys (in which, proceeds from purchase went to charity)
- "I'm Tired" Bracelets (of which, proceeds went to charity)
- Free Business Advertising for a month!
- Free Personals Listings for a month!
- Free Real Estate Listings for a month!
- RT and mentions on Twitter to over 50,000 Followers!
Do you re-tweet?! http://twitter.com/grenlist